Your style…your life. preparing for your once in a lifetime senior portrait session
How many outfits should you bring?
REDFORD ELITE SESSION: First session is booked at our studio
- Up to 3 complete outfits.
- One top for yearbook image.
Second Part of the Elite session: On-Location Shoot, 2 complete outfits
- DELUXE SESSION includes up to 2 complete outfits and 1 yearbook top, if needed.
- BASIC SESSION includes 1 complete outfit and 1 yearbook top, if needed. (session takes place indoors)
- YEARBOOK ONLY SESSION includes 1 formal top for yearbook or traditional portrait. Head and shoulders only. Jacket and tie are recommended.
1. Choose your outfits wisely
The full outfits will be used for various indoor, outdoor, half-length, full-length and close up shots. We will choose the best backgrounds based on the clothing you choose to bring. For the yearbook we recommend a jacket and tie. If a jacket and tie is not your thing, wear a dark long-sleeve dress shirt that is well ironed (wrinkles show). Many schools require a specific color background for the yearbook photo and bright colors normally will not match the background.
- Style. A variety of styles will greatly impact the different looks you will get from your photo shoot. We hear it everyday,“he is a casual person, so we just brought some plain shirts, he doesn’t really dress up,” but we offer four full outfits with the Elite session, make one or two of these formal, you still have two other outfits to be casual. If you play a sport, bring a jersey and a few props.
- Colors. If you bring all the same colored outfits you are going to have less variety.
- Consider your body type. You want your outfits to be fitted, but not tight. A small shirt will not photograph well and may make you look too thin. The reverse is also true, too big a shirt will produce excess material that will make you appear larger than you are.
- Haircuts. Get your hair cut at least two weeks before your appointment. You know your hair, give it time to fill in from that “just cut” look.
- Facial Hair. Make sure, if you do not want any facial hair in your senior photos, shave before you come to the studio.
Our studio Photographs up to 7 senior sessions a day so please be on-time.
- The Elite Session is up to 90 Minutes at our Studio & 90 Minutes on-Location, Deluxe is up to 60 Minutes, Basic is up to 30 minutes and Yearbook only is 30 minutes
- Our doors open at 10am, if your appointment is at 10am please be dressed in your yearbook top, all other times please arrive 15 minutes early to be ready at your appointment time.
- Please be on-time, change as quickly as possible.
- For the yearbook image we recommend a suit and tie. If a suit and tie doesn’t appeal to you, make sure its a dark shirt that is well ironed.
- Yearbook image delivery to your school is included with the purchase of any photographs from your session.
- The yearbook photo is the first portrait we take.
- Most yearbooks require a specific background to go into the yearbook. We have all those backgrounds covered. If your school allows you to put any image in the yearbook, we still recommend that you have a formal head & shoulders.
- Dark colors work best when choosing a tie or shirt for your Yearbook image. Some schools allow for full length and half length photo’s to be used in the yearbook. Because of the size of most images in the yearbook a close up works best.
- We work with students from over 45 different high schools. Yearbook guidelines change each year. Please find out the specific requirements from your school, they usually send out a letter, please bring that letter with you. The final portrait of your choosing will be hand delivered to your school ON TIME.
5. Additional Tips
- If you play a fall sport, schedule your senior photo’s early in the summer. Redford books about two months in advance for its sessions and even though we can create a yearbook image quickly if needed, you should call by July to get all your images by the start of school.
- Don’t over do the tan, two weeks before your session you should minimize the amount of time you are out in the direct sun.